Last updated on April 3rd, 2017 at 05:52 pm
1. Fines for violations are now fixed:
- All violations have set fines listed in the NYC DOH Penalty Schedule.
2. Hearing examiners will no longer determine fines at hearings. 3. The hearing examiner at the (OATH ) Health Tribunal, will only decide whether to uphold a certain violation. 4. Fine Waiver – If ALL of the following conditions are met, owners/operators will not have to pay any fines:
- The inspection was an initial inspection
- The violation that was upheld at the Health Tribunal was a “sanitary violation” (a violation that received points)
- The total score AFTER the Health Tribunal is less than 14 points
5. Fine Waivers DO NOT apply to fines associated with “non-sanitary” violations.
- non-sanitary violations are violations that do not have points
- trans fat use, Smoke-Free Act violations, expired permits are some examples of non sanitary violations