Last updated on April 3rd, 2017 at 05:21 pm
- Accepting a settlement in order to pay a reduced fine for a violation received during a DOH Inspection is the same as pleading guilty.
- Restaurant operators accepting a settlement, cannot request a hearing.
- Even if a settlement offer was not received by mail, you may still be able to settle without having to see a Settlement Officer, by going to any OATH office in the borough closest to you.
- If settlement was not made before the hearing date, you can still settle on the date of the hearing, but only in person.
- Settlements can be made
- by mail – payment must be received 5 days before the hearing date
- in person