Last updated on April 3rd, 2017 at 05:15 pm
It seems as if the focus is always on preventing food borne illness in the back of the house. However, food service establishments must not forget that food borne illness from cross contamination can easily occur in the front of the house. The following are 5 ways to practice food safety in the front of the house:
- Servers touch EVERYTHING!! Make sure they are exercising proper hand washing techniques;
- Hand washing stations should be easily accessible to ALL front of the house employees, including hosts;
- Provide all front of the house employees with their own hand sanitizer (it’s probably the best gift you can give them);
- Set up internal logs to ensure all menus and door handles are wiped down throughout the day;
- Wipe down tables with proper sanitizing solution.
The front of the house is the face of your establishment. Keeping it safe and clean will not only look good, it will feel good.