As part of NYC’s commitment to keep our streets clean, the Department of Sanitation is changing setout time to reduce the amount of time trash, recycling, and composting sits on our sidewalks. The new rule goes into effect on April 1st.
What business operators should know:
- If your business places waste at the curb for collection, there are 2 options:
- If you use containers with secure lids, place them at the curb 1 hour before closing OR
- If you put bags directly on the curb, place them out after 8:00 PM
- Remember to remove containers from the curb and place them inside or in the rear of your premises before reopening for business.
- Don’t forget to make sure trash is collected on the night it’s set out.
- Don’t leave trash out on a holiday or weekend if collection is not scheduled.
- Noncompliance can lead to Violations.
* To view DSNY’s new setout time rule, follow this link.
* If your waste is collected from a loading dock or an off-street location, this does not apply to your businesses.
Leave a Reply