Last updated on August 24th, 2017 at 08:54 pm
- As per the NYC Health Code’s calorie labeling requirements, all chain restaurants must now post new information statements and change the way some calorie information is posted.
- If you have 15 or more food service locations under the same name, you are considered a chain restaurant.
- While the FDA will not begin enforcement of similar requirements until 2018, the Health Department will begin enforcement on May 22, 2017 by educating chain establishments.
- Beginning August 21st, 2017, the Health Department will issue Notices of Violations to any chain establishment that is not compliant.
- Fines will be $200 per violation, but will not affect letter grades.