Last updated on August 24th, 2017 at 08:50 pm
In effort to reduce pollutants released into the environment known to cause asthma and other respiratory problems, NYC has enacted new rules regarding “cook stoves”
Here’s what you should know…
- Cook Stoves – wood or coal fired ovens
- Emission control device – equipment that is installed on a cook stove to reduce emissions.
- Section 24-149.5 has been added to Title 24 of the Administrative Code of the City of New York. The amendment requires cook stoves used at food service establishments to be equipped with emission control devices.
- Any new cook stoves installed on or after May 24th 2017 must have the emission control device installed.
- “Existing cook stoves”- any stoves installed before May 6, 2016, do not have to install emission devices until January 1st, 2020
**** Please ask your exhaust specialist if these rules affect your business
If you have any further questions…we are always here to help….