Last updated on June 23rd, 2021 at 08:30 pm
Now that 70% of adults have at least one vaccine shot, with about 9.8 million people fully vaccinated, Governor Cuomo announced lifting the state’s Covid-19 Restrictions and New York Forward Industry Guidance for eating and drinking establishments.
Effective Immediately the Following Covid Restrictions, are Optional:
- social gathering limits,
- capacity restrictions,
- social distancing,
- cleaning and disinfection,
- health screenings,
- contact information for tracing
Are Businesses Required to Lift Restrictions?
- No. Businesses can lift all, some or none of the restrictions. It’s optional.
- They are free to choose as long as they adhere to the federal and state laws and regulations.
- Businesses may ask guests for proof of vaccination but are not required to.
Do We Still Have to Wear Masks?
- Individuals that are unvaccinated remain responsible to wear masks as per CDC guidance
- Businesses can require masks regardless of vaccination status as long as they comply with all federal and state laws, like the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Masks will continue to be required in places where the CDC recommends:
- public transportation,
- large scale indoor event venues
- indoor schooling
- The state will allow schools and camps to decide whether to require masks for children during outdoor activities.
Congratulations NYC!!…We Did it!
Contact Us for more information.
To ensure you are fully compliant with all rules and guidelines, schedule a mock inspection today.