Last updated on June 23rd, 2021 at 08:30 pm
Now that 70% of adults have at least one vaccine shot, with about 9.8 million people fully vaccinated, Governor Cuomo announced lifting the state’s Covid-19 Restrictions and New York Forward Industry Guidance for eating and drinking establishments.
Effective Immediately the Following Covid Restrictions, are Optional:
- social gathering limits,
- capacity restrictions,
- social distancing,
- cleaning and disinfection,
- health screenings,
- contact information for tracing
Are Businesses Required to Lift Restrictions?
- No. Businesses can lift all, some or none of the restrictions. It’s optional.
- They are free to choose as long as they adhere to the federal and state laws and regulations.
- Businesses may ask guests for proof of vaccination but are not required to.
Do We Still Have to Wear Masks?
- Individuals that are unvaccinated remain responsible to wear masks as per CDC guidance
- Businesses can require masks regardless of vaccination status as long as they comply with all federal and state laws, like the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Masks will continue to be required in places where the CDC recommends:
- public transportation,
- large scale indoor event venues
- indoor schooling
- The state will allow schools and camps to decide whether to require masks for children during outdoor activities.
Congratulations NYC!!…We Did it!
Contact Us for more information.