Last updated on March 31st, 2021 at 04:47 pm
Effective March 15th, 2021 catered events can take place with 50% of a venue’s maximum capacity (as per the Certificate of Occupancy), up to 150 people indoors/ 200 outdoors.
What You Should Know
- This change does not apply to any gatherings or events held in red, orange and yellow COVID-19 cluster zones. For more current info on cluster zones click on this link ;
- At least 5 days before hosting a private event with more than 50 people, operators must notify the NYC Department of Health (DOHMH) by submitting an In Person and Catered Event Notification Form;
- After the In Person Event Form has been submitted, operators will receive an email confirming receipt. Save the email for 30 days after the event;
- All NYS requirements must be complied with. Follow this link for NYS requirements
- In addition, NYC businesses may have additional compliance requirements. To ensure all rules are followed, NYC businesses should visit NY Forward website regularly.
- NYC Department of Health and other City Agencies will be conducting unannounced inspections to ensure all rules and requirements are followed. Failure to comply with any requirements may result in fines or other enforcement.
- Visit our resource page for Covid related compliance and links.