Last updated on May 27th, 2022 at 09:56 pm
NYC Department of Health Requires Food Service Operators To Display “Healthy Eating Information Poster” Here’s What You Need To Know…
- Who is required to display the “Healthy Eating Information” poster?
All restaurants that sell food to be eaten on-site are required to display the poster.
- Where should the poster be displayed?
In a place where your guests can easily see it.
- How will this requirement be enforced?
The NYC Department of Health will be checking for the poster during routine health department inspections.
- Will failing to display count as points?
No. Failing to display the poster will not count towards a restaurant’s letter grade.
- Are there fines for not displaying the poster?
Yes! failing to display the poster as required may result in a $200 fine.
To help restaurant owners and operators avoid unnecessary fines, we have made the “Healthy Eating Information Poster” available in our resource center.