Governor Cuomo announced NY’s small and medium scale performing arts and entertainment venues will be allowed to open at limited capacity, effective today April 2nd, 2021.
5 Things You Should know:
- New York State Department of Health released new guidance and requirements for events held in public or private venues with an indoor capacity of less than 1500 attendees and outdoor capacity of less than 2500 attendees.
- Venues may re-open at 33% capacity, with a maximum of 100 people indoors and 200 people outdoors.
- Capacity does not include staff, talent, performers, contractors and vendors.
- If all attendees present proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test OR proof of complete immunization before entering venue, occupancy may increase to 150 people indoors and up to 500 people outdoors.
- Social distancing, wearing protective face covering, and strict compliance with Department of Health Guidance will be required by all.
If this applies to your business, click here for official NYS Interim Guidance for Small and Medium Scale Performing Arts and Entertainment during the COVID-19 public health emergency. There are many requirements, make sure to review all of them and affirm at the bottom of the document.