Last updated on March 31st, 2021 at 04:22 pm
Effective March 19th, New York City Restaurants will expand indoor dining to 50% capacity, the highest it’s been since the start of the Covid Pandemic.
Here’s What You Should Know:
- Restaurants will have to follow an 11 PM curfew, (the prior curfew was 10 PM);
- Takeout and delivery will continue to be available past 11 PM;
- Outdoor dining will continue for all restaurants enrolled in the Open Restaurants Program. Which is here to stay throughout the year.
- The 50% increase is still less than outside the NYC area, where restaurants are allowed to have up to 75% indoor dining capacity.
- As occupancy increases all the same compliance requirements remain in effect.
- NYC Restaurant operators should visit NY Forward regularly to ensure all rules are followed.
- NYC Department of Health and other City agencies will be conducting unanounced visits to ensure all Covid related rules and guidelines are followed.
- Click here for links to rules, guidelines and Covid related resources.