The SantaCon event held every December, returns to New York City this Saturday December 9th. The annual pub crawl brings thousands of participants dressed in their best Santa / Christmas-themed costumes.
What is SantaCon?
As described on the official website, SantaCon is “a charitable, non-political, nonsensical Santa Claus convention that happens once a year to spread absurdist joy.”
The annual event brings in masses dressed up as Elves, Santas, Mrs. Clauses, and all sorts of holiday favorites to celebrate and take part in the famous bar crawl.
When and Where Does SantaCon Start?
SantaCon begins on Saturday at 10 a.m. and officially lasts until 8 p.m.
The pub crawl begins in midtown and winds its way down to the East Village.
Whether you are participating in the festivities or are hoping for a quieter Saturday night:
- Hire extra security for the door.
- Don’t allow anyone in without I.D, make it a 21 and older night.
- Refuse entry to anyone that looks intoxicated.
- Avoid overcrowding, suspend any drink specials or happy hours.
- Refuse entry to anyone that is visibly intoxicated.
- Do not refuse entry to anyone just because they are wearing a Santa outfit.